US Chess Trust, Chair
- President US Chess 84-87
- Founder of US Chess Hall of Fame & Museum
- Established School Mates
- Purchased Scholastic Tournaments from CCA
- Brought Collegiate championship into USCF, best 3 financial years in USCF history
- President NJSCF 6 years–20 years as an officer
- President Toms River & Wayne Chess Clubs
- Organizer of the World Amatuer Team, US Team, 2 US Opens, 15 US Amateuers, 3 US Class, National HS, National K-12, US Senior, US Championship, US Junior, US Womens, US Blind, Many state scholastics, NJ Open, over 500 club tournaments, Simultaneous exhibition–Korchnoi, Reuben Fine, Edward Lasker, Botvinnik, Petrosian, Tal, Spassky, Karpov, Bronstein, and virtually every US GM.
- Vice President FIDE, Only living American made Honorary Member FIDE, Past chairman–LMA, Finance
- Past President US Chess Trust
- Past Treasuer, US Chess Trust–3 tours of duty
- US Chess Trust Trustee since 1988
Steven is married and has 2 children. He is a rated player—active in postal, blitz and over the board, MBA finance, Senior leadership position in 2 Fortune 100 companies.