(FIDE) TOP 20 JUNIORS
IN THE TOP 5
- Teimour Radjabov is a leading chess player from Azerbaijan. Radjabov earned the title of International Grandmaster in March 2001 at the age of 14, making him the 2nd youngest grandmaster in history at the time.
- Magnus Carlsen is a Norwegian chess Grandmaster. On April 26, 2004 he became Grandmaster at the age of 13 yrs, 4 months, and 27 days, the 3rd youngest Grandmaster in world history, surpassed only by Sergey Karjakin and Parimarjan Negi.
- Wang Yue is a Chinese chess player. In 1999, Wang Yue was the world champion in the category under 12 yrs. On the July 2007 FIDE list he is #22 in the world and #1 in China.
- Sergey Karjakin of Ukraine became the youngest chess grandmaster in history at the age of 12 yrs and 7 months. On the FIDE list of October 2007, he is #24 in the world, #4 in the category of boys up to 20 years old and #3 in the Ukraine.
- Hikaru Nakamura is an American chess Grandmaster (GM).
He was the youngest American ever to earn the title of National Master. In 2003, at the age of 15 yrs and 79 days, he earned the grandmaster title, breaking Bobby Fischer’s record by 3 months for youngest American to have claimed the GM title. He is the #2 player in the USA.
IN THE TOP 20